Sunday, May 29, 2011

"Jesus Loves Me this I know...."

I said earlier that I always had the song "Jesus Loves Me" stuck in my head. If you've ever met my 2 year old daughter, Ava, then you will understand. She sings this song at least 20 times a day. She learned it in school for her spring program and I thought it was the cutest thing EVER! Until my mom bought her this bunny that sings it and it's the most. annoying. bunny. ever! I want to take this bunny and choke it out and then rip it to shreds so I never have to listen to this awful country twangy voice ever again.

With that being said, if you are a parent then you are aware that sometimes you are at the end of your rope and want to beat the snot out of your kids.....right? You can't be a saint and a parent, it's against the rules or something like that. Well, when I lose my patience, I yell. I feel guilty after doing it and tell myself that there are so many better ways to go about it. "Mommy doesn't understand you when you yell at me". Why can't I just listen to my own advice?!?! The other day I got into one of those moods and I had just had it with everybody and everything. I had just got finished cleaning up the mess that my little angel monsters made and then Ava pees on the floor. I was DONE! I open my mouth, and all of a sudden, Ava says "Mommy, it's ok, accidents happen" and starts singing "Jesus Loves Me" in the most sweetest voice I've ever heard! If you don't know how the song goes, it goes goes like this: "Jesus Loves Me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. They are weak but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so". So now instead of her crying from being sent to time-out (only because I needed a break, not from peeing on the floor), I'm crying because my 2 year old just taught me a lesson that I so desperately needed to learn right at that moment. Why do kids do that? Why did God give me a child that I butt heads with on a daily basis and then send her to teach me lessons on patience? Does He not know that I was not blessed with patience? Every time I start to lose my cool now, I try to remember to sing that song and remember just how Ava sang it. Now it doesn't always work, like I said before, you can't be a saint and a parent. I'm human and make mistakes. I get mad, I lose my cool, I yell, I scream, I send to time-out, I spank, I'M WEAK! But yet my kids forgive me and give me hugs and kisses and tell me they love me. How did I get so lucky to deserve these two not-so-perfect but perfect for me babies? Because Jesus Loves Me and gave me two of the greatest blessings that I will ever receive on my time down here on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment